In most cases, it’s best to leave home repairs to the professionals. However, it is also important that you can recognize when and where repairs need to happen! Having even the most basic knowledge and a few helpful tips about easily recognizable situations can save you a lot of grief later on - and this knowledge can also save you from spending bushels of money on situations that would have cost you much less had you caught the problem earlier. Once you recognize the problem, you can call in a professional to handle your problem for you! Empire Plumbing, for example, offers residential home plumbing in Villa Park! They can assist you with issues like flooded basements, blocked drains, and many other common household plumbing issues.
Plumbing Tips and Tricks:
We often forget about the things we don’t see, such as pipes and your plumbing system. Preventative measures will save you grief and money when it comes to home plumbing in Villa Park! The best way to avoid disaster is to know a couple tips and tricks for fundamental plumbing problems.
1. Be familiar with your water main. The water main is the first point of access for water flowing through your home. When something goes awry, your first step for home plumbing in Villa Park should be to turn off the water main. Your water main is usually located near your water heater, and on the water main is a shutoff valve that completely stops the water flow into your home when you close it.
2. Own a working pressure reducing valve. If you discover that you do have high water pressure, you will want to lower it to a safe level. This is easily done by replacing your pressure reducing valve. These items are essential to most homes that rely on municipal water supply. The reason for this is that municipal water companies pump water at high enough pressures to be used in fire hydrants, high-rise buildings, and high-elevated houses. The water delivered by these companies is often over one hundred PSI, which is high above what your home and plumbing fixtures can handle (they are designed for a PSI level of fifty to sixty).
3. If you live somewhere cold, learning how to protect your pipes is an important step of home plumbing in Villa Park. In cold environments, insulation is your best friend! When frozen pipes burst, the water damage can be costly. If you live where the winters get very cold, you need to winterize your pipes.
4. Over-tightening can be detrimental! A common misconception is that extremely tight pipe fittings are the best bet to protect against leaks, but this is a misconception of home plumbing in Villa Park. Over-tightening can damage the screws and bolts, which can result in even more issues!
5. Know your local plumbers in Pomona, and don’t be afraid to call them for an inspection! Unfortunately, not every plumbing issue can be fixed by a non-professional. Knowing your residential plumbers, like Empire Plumbing, who can do home plumbing in the Villa Park area, can make life so much easier if (and when) a plumbing catastrophe occurs.
Now that you’re armed with knowledge, call a professional plumber for home plumbing in Villa Park!